5 tips for a fun, not frightful, Halloween night!
2022-10-24 | Author: Chief Robert Spinks
Halloween is CREEPING up on us! The Parsons Police Department wishes everyone a safe and happy Halloween experience. Take a minute to read these 5 tips to make sure you and your family stay safe while trick-or-treating.
- Trick-or-treat with trusted neighbors. Use the Nextdoor Treat Map to plan your route ahead of time and find the safest, most efficient route to the candy. You can access the Treat Map here: http://www.nextdoor.com/treat.
- Dress to impress.....safely. Make sure costumes and candy bags or pails are reflective. Costumes shouldn't drag too far on the ground to avoid tripping, and masks, hats, and shoes should be well-fitting.
- Watch for kids. If you plan to be driving during trick-or-treat hours, watch for children walking on roadways, medians, and curbs. Be sure to enter and exit driveways carefully.
- Stay on the path. Don't stray from the well-marked routes to get to the candy. Always use the sidewalk, and do not cut across yards or use alleys. Wherever possible, cross the road at a crosswalk.
- When in doubt, throw the candy out. Avoid candy that has loose wrappings, is completely unwrapped, has puncture holes, or is homemade and not factory-wrapped.
If you have any additional trick-or-treating tips you'd like to share with your neighbors, please reply in the comments below. Boo safe out there!
See It! Hear It! Report It!
Parsons Police Department